Monday, June 8, 2009

Nascar Day at the Capitol

On Saturday Nascar was at the Capitol. We thought why not bring the kids and a lunch and make a day of it. So we did. We started with a small parade of cars followed by activities for the kids. Bubbles, Coloring, Jumphouses, Face/Arm Painting, etc. The weather was nice and the price perfect...FREE. We also packed our lunch for a picnic in the Capitol Park also...FREE. Watching the kids chase and yell at the squirrels and birds in the park...Priceless. Okay sorry I couldn't resist. Anyways we had a great time and here are some pictures to prove it. (I promise someday I will get a program that makes collages so my posts aren't so long)

Here comes the "Parade" of cars


The Family right after the cars passed


Jill next to the smallest Nascar I have ever seen



Many vendors there: River Cats (kids did not like him so much) Jelly Belly (kids liked them they gave away free jelly beans) Discovery Kingdom (brought a penguin and snake)


Mason test driving the remote control cars

Lucas showing off his flames he had painted

Jill showing off her flower

Mason tried to wait for the painting it just took a little to long for him

At the park the kids had a blast. Jill would run to the trees and yell PEANUTS. She thought the squirrels were just going to come and get them.

Jill with all her peanuts, she was never empty handed for long

Mason pretending to be Grandpa

This rock had 3 good size holes in it. Once Cale found it he never left it. I was putting anything he could find in them. Once the other kids saw the fun it was a party at the "Holey Rock"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how did you know about this event? i would love to know about more events that are free. it sounds like fun!

Bacchus Family said...

I like the long posts over the collages. I get to see the pictures better. So um where was the phone call to the Bacchus Clan? :)