One night while making her way into my bed she gets next to me and says “Mom, get my pillow” (we argued a little about this but I did get up and get it…I wanted to go back to sleep)
The next night after she has gotten into my bed with her pillow she says “Mom, hold my hand” (the hand holding is a security thing for her ever since she was little so I held her hand)
The other night she decided not even to try sleeping in her bed so I ask her
Me- “Jill why are you in my bed”
Jill- “I am Happy”
Me- “You are happy in my bed”
Jill- “Yes”
Me- “Why are you happy in mommy’s bed”
Jill- “cuz I am warm”
Me- “Because you are warm?”
Jill- “Yes”
Me- “Why do you sleep in the middle”
Jill- “So I don’t fall out”
Me- “Ok…go to sleep”
Jill is very interested in the baby that is in Aunt Tracy’s tummy. When Tracy comes to visit Jill always wants to lift Tracy’s shirt to see the baby. The other night Tracy came over and again Jill wanted to see the baby. Tracy being so sweet sat on the floor and tried to explain to Jill that the baby is IN her tummy and we can’t see him, but maybe we can feel him. Tracy tried pushing Thomas (the baby) around to make him move so Jill could feel him. No luck Thomas did not want to play. But Tracy being so patient let not only Jill but Mason touch her tummy to help them understand.
The next morning on the way to work this conversation happened:
Mason: Mom, something is making Jill’s tummy move
Jill: I have a baby
Mason: Mom, Jill has a baby in her tummy
Jill: I have a baby in my tummy
Mom: No she doesn’t. Jill has the hiccups.
Got to love the crazy things kids say!
3 comments:
Hahahahah...I died laughing when Jill thought she had a baby in her tummy. I have adopted the cutest nephews and niece!
man i love your kids. and i love that Jill loves her mommy and her warm bed. too cute.
That was the cutest post ever. I love Jill, she is so stinkin' cute! I think it's cute that she is happy in your bed :)
Post a Comment