This past weekend was a super busy one. I wish I had more pictures to prove the crazy weekend I had but I don’t. Friday started with a crazy morning of working to process payroll. Next came running around like a chicken with its head cut trying to prepare for the games that my mother was in charge of for our family reunion that was to take place the following day, that’s right the next day and we had no ideas. So after wondering around Joann’s Fabric Store looking for ideas to jump out and hit us, we just started to toss thing into the cart and hope for the best. As we walk to the car I realized that it was nasty hot and I didn’t want to wear pants to my High School Class Reunion that night. So I decided I needed a new outfit. So my mom and I made a stop and since I knew exactly what I wanted the trip took about an hour because I knew what I wanted, so of course I could not find it. I did find something else and I was happy with the results. The best part my new RED wedge shoes. I have never bought shoes that were red or any kind of fun color for that matter. These shoes are amazing they made me feel sassy, fun and pretty. I love these shoes. Okay enough about my shoes.

(My Magic Red Shoes)
So I went to my 10-year High School Reunion Friday night. I had a great time, could have been just because it was a night out, that I got to dress up, the fact there were no kids, or that I got to have adult conversion whatever the reason I had a good time. It was fun to see old friends and to catch up with them as to what is happening in their lives since high school. Most people had either no kids or 3. Some people realized which team they real should play for and made the switch (if you know what I mean). Some people still haven’t realized they graduated and still drink and act like they are in high school. Dentistry was a popular profession for our graduating class as we have at least 3 of them. I want to thank Heidi and Betsy for allowing me to go with them I had a great time.
Saturday began just as crazy as Friday. Since mom was not prepared completely with the games she figured everyone had to help her get ready, so I did. Once that was completed it was get the kids ready and off to the reunion. This reunion was totally different then the one from the night before. The best part hands down was playing the water games and catching up with Evan. Evan is actually a second cousin so I only see him at family reunions. He is also the only cousin my age, there are others close in age but none the same age. Family reunions are different now that we are all growing up and having kids. We had at least 15 kids under the age of 5. It was a jungle. We took a family picture of all those that arrived by 11:30. More people showed up later. This picture is missing so many people that were unable to come for one reason or another and they were missed. I am not sure if this picture even show half of the people that could have been there.
Once the reunion was over things did not calm down. We got home and laid Jill down for a nap, and Lucas, Grandma and I went school shopping. Lucas started school on Monday and Grandma wanted to get him a few new things so he was ready. He got new clothes, new shoes, a backpack and even a lunch box. Then it was off to Andi’s house for yet another BBQ this time to celebrate Grandpa’s birthday. So we went to Andi’s and had a great time. I got to tell you by the end of the day I was so ready for bed and Sunday being the day of rest. That’s right Sunday is the day of rest literally, everyone takes naps on Sunday.
Well I am grateful for all the exciting things that happened this weekend but am I so grateful for my life to slow back down.


5 comments:
Red shoes are the best! Everyone needs shoes that make them feel fun, pretty and sassy.
The shoes are super cute, but I LOVE the new family picture!! I want a copy! It was a busy weekend, but I am sure there are more to come! Can you believe you have a kid in grade school, the grow up too fast.
I LOVE your red shoes! School really starts already for Lucas?! That's crazy. The summer isn't over yet. I bet he's excited. Brinley has been begging to go to school, and she still has another year before she can go.
i ment to tell you that sunday that i loved your shoes but we somehow changed topics. so i love your red shoes!
ok, we gave in too...check out our blog--now that I've saved yours! pebblesclan.blogspot.com
luv ya
Christine
(your crazy puerto rican cousin)
Post a Comment