Friday, June 13, 2008

Hummingbirds

As some of you may know Jill will be turning 1 next week and I don't want my baby to grow up, it is all happening to fast. Right around the day she turned 11 months she decided she no longer was a baby and was now going to be a toddler. I guess I should just count my blessing that she is not a hummingbird. We have a hummingbird mother that lives in the tree on the side of our house. One day I noticed eggs in her nest, then when we returned from camping the end of May the babies had hatched and I just saw them from the window and they are big. I don't know how the mom still sits on her nest but she does.

Take a look at the pictures


This is Mommy Hummingbird


These are the babies 3 weeks ago

These are the babies today


Hello is it just me or are these babies big?

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Wow, those are cool pictures! I know how you feel, it isn't fair how fast the last one grows up. I am just fine that Jaxton is taking his time growing up, because I really don't want him to grow up at all.

gnomeswife77 said...

Those are cute pictures. I can't believe she is turning one. That was fast.