Monday, March 28, 2011

Always you...Never me!

My parent got home Saturday from their cruise. One of the stops the cruise line made was at Cabo San Lucas. This is where they decided to get T-shirts for all their grandkids because they are awesome grandparents and even on vacation are thinking about those little crazy kids.

So Sunday Lucas comes home from hanging out at his grandparent’s house with a new shirt on. He loves his new shirt not only because it is new, came from Grandpa, but his name is on it! The shirt says Cabo San Lucas. All my kids got new shirts from Cabo but it wasn't till this morning that Mason had an issue. This is what I heard while getting ready:

Mason: Where is my new shirt?
Lucas: Look my name is on your shirt...right here
Mason: Why does everything have to be about you, and never about me. (shirt was most likely thrown to the floor at this point)

Arguing began but I don't recall what was said.

Mason thought that all the shirts had Lucas' name on them because Grandma and Grandpa had them made that way. I had to explain that Cabo San Lucas is a location. Like Lake Tahoe and Sacramento. That the shirt wasn't made because of Lucas. This helped and he is wearing his new shirt today but after putting on his shirt quickly put on his sweatshirt to hide the shirt, I think.

Silly boy...guess I should look for a location with his name in it.

5 comments:

Stefani said...

Haha! I love how kids think -- both Lucas and Mason have good points!! :)

Anonymous said...

That is tooo funny! :)

The Esslinger Family said...

Here you go Mason... There is a George Mason University! Here is the web address, tell your mom to buy you this shirt :)

http://shop.cbssports.com/CBS_George_Mason_Patriots/George_Mason_Patriots_Youth_Ash_Banner_T-shirt_1

Lildonbro said...

Ha! that is awesome. I wish there was some place named after me so I could have a shirt from there (yes, I know I said "named after me" because that's what I would let myself believe).

Heidi Jansson said...

Hook that kid up with a Mason Jar....Double awesome!