This year for Mason’s birthday gift from me I decided that I just could not spend another penny on more toys that I will have to pick up or more clothes that I will have to wash. (ok so I sound selfish but he didn’t really need either). So this year Mason and I went out to lunch and a movie just the 2 of us. With me working I don’t get to spend much one-on-one time with my kids. This was a prefect opportunity for that. We had a great time. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for watching Lucas and Jill. First Mason and I went to Red Robins for lunch, he picked what he wanted (Mac-n-Cheese what else) and then he even ordered for himself. After lunch we had a little bit of time till our movie started. So we hit the arcade. Then we watched Bedtime Stories. I had hoped to see an animated movie like Bolt or Madagascar II but they are no longer playing. The movie didn’t start till 1:25 and Mason was tired but he stayed a wake and was a good boy during the whole movie. I really enjoyed spending time with him I think I may make it a tradition for birthdays, we’ll see.
Sunday evening we invited family over for cake to celebrate. So he did get actually presents.
Playing Indiana Jones pinball at the arcade
Mason opening his snowboarding Diego- Jill thinking she would like to play with it.
Successful in blowing out the candles
Fun Facts for Mason:
* You are such a little brother. Always getting into Lucas’ special toys causing him to yell and scream at you.
* You are very smart and want to go to school. When Lucas does his homework you want to be right beside him. You know all your letters by sight and can count to 15.
* You can verbally spell your name and you can write it too.
* You are a very loving boy and will come and give me kisses for no reason
* You love Diego
* You are very good at video games especially bowling on the WII
* You love milk and Mac-n-Cheese.
* You will not eat anything with the word pizza in it
I love you Mason, Happy Birthday!
5 comments:
Happy Birthday Mason! I think that is a great birthday tradition. He won't remember what toys he got from who but he will always have the memories of spending one on one time with his mom!
Ahh..what a great mom you are! Mason is a good kid...get him into karate...I am telling you! :) Happy birthday Mason!
You are a great mom Katie, I love spending one on one time with my kids, those are the best kind of memories to build!! I love ya!!
I like that idea because it is like you are getting a reward too for letting them live another year. Thanks for including us in the birthday festivities.
Happy Birthday Mason! The dinner and a movie idea is such a cute idea. I might copy that one. I'm totally with you on the toys and the clothes. I get sick of picking up toys or they break or get lost and I do enough laundry.
Post a Comment